At Simply Dance Academy, we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. This Privacy Notice outlines what personal information we collect about you, how we collect it, and how it is used and stored.
Information We Collect
When you enroll onto our classes or request to be added to our waiting list, we’ll store and process the following data about you:
- Contact information (full name, address, email, telephone/mobile numbers) you provide on our registration form or via email
- Pupil’s name and date of birth
- Pupil’s relevant medical information and additional notes relating to pupils
- Information regarding classes pupils attend
- A record of payments received
- A record of emails sent or received
Basis for how we process Personal Data
When you enrol in our classes, you are entering into a contract with Simply Dance Academy. To perform this contract, we need to process and store your data. For example, we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of emergency regarding a pupil, cancellation of a class, class updates or outstanding fees.
For all our shows, Simply Dance Academy are legally obliged to apply for individual performance licenses, body of persons approval or performance license exemptions from the local authority. Due to this, we are obligated to share personal pupil data including full names, DOB and postcodes with the local authority to obtain the relevant license.
What we do with the information we gather
Your data may be used for:
- Communicating class updates/cancellations/outstanding fees/exam sessions and other class specific information (Contract basis)
- Applying to the Local Authority for performance licenses (Legal obligation basis)
- Submitting examination entries to the Northern Counties Dance Teacher’s Association or International Dance Teachers Association (Consent basis)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We, therefore, ensure that:
- Paper-based pupil records and information are stored securely in a locked cabinet when not in use.
- Electronic information stored on our system is password protected, and passwords are changed regularly.
- Only Simply Dance Academy Principals have access to full pupil data. Teaching staff have access to pupil names, DOB and medical information.
Who will your data be shared with?
We will NOT share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent.
Only the following people/agencies will have access to your data:
- Simply Dance Academy Principals who store and process our pupil files.
- Teaching staff (pupil name, DOB & medical information only) to manage pupil attendance and progression and be aware of any medical requirements.
- Local Authorities (pupil name, DOB & postcode only) for performance license applications, when required.
- Northern Counties Dance Teacher’s Association or International Dance Teachers Association (pupil name & DOB only) for examination entries.
How Long Will Your Data be Retained?
Simply Dance Academy will store pupil data for as long as the pupil attends classes with us.
We will safely dispose of any personal information that we hold of our students if tuition ceases.
If you wish for your data to be removed from our systems, please contact us via email or phone using the details at the end of this policy.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your device by some websites that you visit. They are widely used to provide website operators with information on how the site is being used.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Information submitted through the contact forms on our website are sent to our company email.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the data corrected. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Who is Responsible for Data Protection?
Susan Bentley, Simply Dance Academy Principal is responsible for data protection at Simply Dance Academy. If you have any concerns about how we handle your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07801151059
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Simply Dance Academy website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- E-mail address
- Phone numbers
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use PayPal as our online payment processor for our online shop. During checkout, you will provide login information and credit/debit card info. This information is processed directly within this gateway payment and we do not save it on our site.
We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by emailing email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)